Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Craft

Sunday, October 28, 2012

How would you like to do a cute Halloween craft?  These sweet pumpkins are so easy and would make the perfect addition to goodie bags for school. 


paper pumpkins
Jennifer DeSimone for www.SunshineSteppingStones.blogspot.com

 
First you cut a circle from orange cardstock.  I used my Marvy Uchida 2 1/4" punch for the large circle.  Then I punched smaller circles using a Marvy Uchida 1 1/2" punch.  Patterned paper adds interest to the Jack 'O Lantern face.
 
paper pumpkins
Jennifer DeSimone for www.SunshineSteppingStones.blogspot.org
 
Next, cut a radius cut with regular scissors on the patterned paper (smaller circle).  Shown here:
 
paper circle
 
Don't cut more than halfway across the circle.
 
At this point you will want to draw your faces on the smaller circles.  Try to avoid the area where you've cut the circle. I used a thin Sharpie marker.  Next you will overlap the cut edges of the smaller circle slightly, maybe 1/4" or so and glue or tape on the underside.  You are creating a shallow cone.
 
Once you have created cones with all the small circles, attach them to the large orange circles with craft glue.  I used Aleene's.  All that's left is to punch a hole and tie a ribbon!
 
Blue Tabby
Jennifer DeSimone for www.SunshineSteppingStones.blogspot.com
Speaking of sweet faces, I couldn't resist putting this adorable photo of my sweet kitty Sapphire!  She's so funny and delicate and cat-like.  (I only say that because I have another cat who is rather NOT cat-like!)  I love this photo of her hopeful bright eyes looking up at me!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment